Thursday, October 12, 2017

Core Leadership Words


Core Leadership Words

What are the words that define leadership for you? I’ve thought about it for decades. I picked six core words that should be in your repertoire as a leader and the leaders you admire. Of course, only six words should not define a person or a leader but I hope these words describe me.

My number one word is passion and the next five are not in any particular order nor should they be in any order: Passion, inspire, respect, gratitude, strength and fun. These six words help me find my “Epic,” “Wow Factor,” and magical “Ta-da” moment.

Over the years, I invented multiple quotes that define passion:

“Be passionate about it or don’t so it.
            “Pass your passion.”

“Follow your passion.”          

“Find your passion and help others find their passion.”

“Passion beats data every time.”

“Your passion can define your epic.”

I paired up the words, had them put on surfboards(mini), and hung them around my neck. It wasn’t my idea to put them on surfboards but one that a student came up with. When someone asked me about them, that was the icebreaker. The idea is to wear them for about a month and give them to someone that makes a positive difference as a role model and leader. Then they keep passing them on and so on and so on. We call them Core Boards.

Get Fired Up! People!

And find your Core Words.



No comments:

Post a Comment