Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Salute To Your Family

Salute To Your Family
Last week, I had the opportunity to attend the Jostens Renaissance National Conference for the 12th time. To say I was inspired (again) would be an understatement. I was privileged to renew acquaintances, hang out with friends, hone my leadership skills, and learn. Even the CEO of the corporation was accessible with his encouragement, insight, and kind words.
The quality of speakers and session leaders are unprecedented. It’s hard to decide what to attend and not to attend. The general sessions are nothing less than amazing. The receptions are a great way to network. The breakouts are an unprecedented avenue to learn and relearn and get fired up!
To describe the entire conference would take a million words. I will, however, tell you an inspirational part of the closing session. It reinforced what I always preach, and it was a great reminder to the audience.
The closing keynote speaker, Jeff, was so compelling that he raised the bar for any future stories that I tell. That wasn’t the best part, though. The director, Michael, came out and lets out a sigh of relief. It was not negative at all but on the contrary, was an exhale of positivity. Positive for the amazing, brilliant conference that will end in a few minutes after he speaks.
He shared his family with us. Something that I often do with people. He showed us pictures of a recent vacation at a place on the lake in Minnesota. Yes, there are over 50,000 options to take your family to the lake. He displayed pictures of similar vacations from other years, and the family bonding games they still play that have become traditions. For me, that was a “Wow Factor” and a magical “Ta-Da” moment.
Those closing few minutes proved what I already knew. No matter what you accomplish outside of your home, the most important accomplishment will always be inside your home. As hard as I work to spread inspirational messages of leadership and love, the visual of the closing ceremony will continue to engrave my mind with a message of what really matters. Congratulations on an epic team achievement.

No comments:

Post a Comment