Monday, July 23, 2018

The Creation of 50 Great Things Leaders Do: Let’s Get Fired Up!

The Creation of 50 Great Things Leaders Do: Let’s Get Fired Up!
50 Great Things Leaders Do: Let’s Get Fired Up! became a vision in 2006 when I attended a conference with twelve colleagues and 1500 other educators in Minneapolis. Our school facilitated a breakout session with about 150 people. As I listened to my colleagues tell their stories, I knew they had to be written down. On the plane ride home, that’s what I did. My notes eventually became the first edition.
I wanted to compile fifty timeless principles that did not have to be completed in succession. For instance, you didn’t have to do number one to do number two to do number three, etc. You could put all fifty in a jar and dump them on a table. Pick up any one or any five. If you committed to any of the 50 Great Things Leaders Do, you will be a healthier person and a better leader and so would the people around you,
                  After talking to hundreds of people and observing why some people were happy and anxious to go to work and school and some people were not, I had my list. I concluded, “Happy people outperform unhappy people” in any scenario. I couldn’t find anyone that disagreed. I even found a plethora of literature.
                  I connected theory and common sense along with my many stories as an educator. Many people read their stories before I self-published the first edition. The time gap between the first and second editions gave us all the affirmation that climate and culture play significant roles in performance and leadership.
                  The second edition literally has a story that is thirty years old and some that are a year old. The second edition was published by Jostens and the book cover concept radiates my journey as an educator and a leader. The cover is a silhouette of me standing in front of the Rocky statue at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. The heart represents the passion that gets me fired up about life and leadership and making a difference while allowing people to look in the mirror differently.
                  Read the foreword, and you might get some insight about how these concepts and principles are perceived. I hope you enjoy your journey through life as I am enjoying mine. Stay Fired Up!
There is a Twitter book chat on 7/24 at 7pm eastern time. Use #50GreatThingsLeadersDo

 Frank Rudnesky offers popular and engaging presentations, keynotes, professional development, and workshops that can be tailored to your specific needs for adults, students, and all stakeholders of any organization. They include:
50 Great Things Leaders Do: Let's Get Fired Up!
Leadership Through Positive Climate and Culture
The LeaderShip: Who’s on Board
Leadership Exchanges
Leadership Summits
Leadership Camps
Student Advocacy and Advisories
Building Relationships and Connections through Leadership
Visible, Tangible, Walkaroundable (V, T, W)
Customer Service 
He can be reached at FrankRudnesky@gmail.com or @DrFrankRud
#BeEpic


No comments:

Post a Comment